* Patrons may access the Internet for no more than 3 (three) hours per person per day. This limit is a total of 3 (three) hours per person per day accumulated at all branches, not three hours per branch.
* Patrons are responsible for all material viewed. The library assumes no responsibility for illegal downloading or viewing of sites. Patrons may be charged criminally if found engaged in such activity. Patrons may not access the Internet for any unlawful purposes as defined under section 3933 of the Criminal Code of Pennsylvania.
- Patrons must abide by all federal copyright laws. Only files in which authors have given permission may be downloaded or copied.
- Patrons are not permitted to change computer settings, i.e. fonts, style, screen savers, etc.
- Patrons are not permitted to download material onto the hard drive. Downloading to a patron's flash drive is permitted.
- Patrons are not permitted to enter chat rooms or to use library computers to send harassing abusive, threatening, or obscene communications.
- Patrons are not permitted to use library Internet access for marketing, fundraising, advertising or other for-profit activities.
- Patrons are not permitted to view sites that contain text or pictures that are inappropriate in a public setting where others may accidentally view screens, in accordance with Pennsylvania law.
Violating the following rules will result in immediate and permanent termination of Internet use.
Library computers are intended for use by patrons who know how to use the Internet. Staff members do not provide individual instruction.