Historic Hanna's Town
Historic Hanna's Town is located three miles north of Greensburg between Routes 119 and 819 at 809 Forbes Trail Road.
Hanna's Town, founded in 1773 and named for its founder Robert Hanna, was the first County Seat of Westmoreland County and the site of the first English court west of the Allegheny Mountains. The town was attacked and burned on July 13, 1782 by a raiding party of Indians and their English allies out of Canada. Hanna's Town never recovered and ceased being the county seat in 1786 when it was moved to Greensburg. By the early years of the 19th century, the site had reverted to farmland. In 1969, this farmland was designated as a county park and historical site.
Historic Hanna's Town is an active archaeological site where nearly one million artifacts have been unearthed, and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The village consists of reconstructed Robert Hanna Tavern/Courthouse and Jail; three vintage late 18th century log houses, a reconstructed Revolutionary era fort and blockhouse; and a wagon shed that houses an authentic late 18th century Conestoga wagon.
Tours from June 1 to Sep't. 2. Wednesday thru Saturday: 10:00 am. To 4:00 pm. Sunday 1:00 pm. To 4:00 pm.
Open weekends through May - Saturday 10:00 am. to 4:00 pm. Sunday 1:00 pm. To 4:00 pm.
Admission: Free for WCHS members; Free for active Military with ID; Free for children age 5 & under; Adults-$5; Students and Seniors-$4; AAA discount
Calendar of Events:
May 5 - Opening Day - 2018